Linda Cliatt-Wayman is best known for her 2015 TED Talk, “How to Fix a Broken School” in which she shared the story of how she led the transformation of a Philadelphia high school. In this episode, Elena uncovered how Principal Wayman became the seemingly fearless force of a leader that she appears to be, who her primary influences were, and how she’s navigated changes she couldn’t control.
This episode is for you if:
- You crave inspiration to be an anti-racist leader for equity.
- You need a reminder that courage is hard. And leading doesn’t always (or often) feel good.
- You want a new role model.
Mentioned in this show:
- How to Fix a Broken School? Lead Fearlessly, Love Hard TED Talk
- Global Teaching Prize profile
- Linda Cliatt-Wayman’s website
Keep Up with Bright Morning:
Support us by becoming a Friend of the Show
Receive weekly wisdom and tools from Elena delivered to your inbox! Sign up at https://brightmorningteam.com/newsletter/