“Race has been the great determinant in this country. There is no other identity marker that has been an absolute determinant in the way that race has.”Elena Aguilar, on why we must focus on race in our equity work
On this episode Elena is joined by Senior Bright Morning Associate, Lori Cohen, for an Ask Me Anything episode. The two field your questions related to coaching for equity and a few other coaching topics.
This episode is for you if:
- You’re curious to hear thoughts on how colleagues should “hold each other accountable” for being anti-racist at school.
- You want to be prepared with an answer to the question, “why do we need to focus on racial equity as the priority for pursuing educational justice for students?”
- Are wondering how to get started with equity work with your team.
The conversation covers these topics and much more!
Mentioned in this episode:
- Coaching Resilience Intensive (Next offered February 1-5, 2021)
- Coaching for Equity 101 (Next offered February 22-23, 2021)
- Coaching for Equity Masterclass (Next offered February 23 – March 11, 2021)
- Bright Morning Memberships
Keep Up with Bright Morning:
Support us by becoming a Friend of the Show
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
Receive weekly wisdom and tools from Elena delivered to your inbox! Sign up at https://brightmorningteam.com/newsletter/