In this episode Elena talks with Dr. Nicole Evans, former principal and current Executive Director of Urban Education and Student Engagement at Harris-Stowe State University. The two explore how Dr. Evans pursued a commitment to making equity “the plate” and not an add-on during her time as principal of City Garden Montessori, a public school in St. Louis Missouri.
This episode is for you if:
- You’re ready to move past admiring the many and complex problems perpetrating inequities and begin creating something different.
- You want to hear the story of how one principal lived into the calling of what Dr. Bettina Love calls “freedom dreaming.”
- You’re working to create more inclusive and welcoming spaces for all students and families.
- You’ve considered if it’s time to leave an organization or a role where you are experiencing oppression.
Resources for continued learning:
- Equity Leadership Intensive: August 9-13 training
- Coaching for Equity 101: July 21-22 training, August 16-17 training, September 14-15 training
- Coaching for Equity Masterclass: June 22-24 training
- All-Inclusive+ Bright Morning Membership (Opportunity for more connection with Elena and a years worth of professional development!)
Mentioned in this episode:
Our Liberation is Bound Together (blog post co-written by Dr. Evans)
Keep Up with Bright Morning:
Support us by becoming a Friend of the Show
Receive weekly wisdom and tools from Elena delivered to your inbox! Sign up at https://brightmorningteam.com/newsletter/