This week Elena is in conversation with Trisha Moquino, the founder of Keres Children’s Learning Center (KCLC) in Cochiti Pueblo, NM. KCLC is a Keres-language revitalization school that uses an intergenerational approach to immersion and dual-language with Montessori pedagogy. It is one of very few schools in the country that provides children with the opportunity to learn through their heritage language. And a few short years ago it didn’t exist.
Over the course of this conversation Trisha graciously teaches about the history of displacement and war on Native peoples and also beautifully shares the pressing need to support Indigenous people today in reclaiming their children’s education and honoring their heritage in school systems.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Trisha’s Website: The Indigenous Cheerleader
- Keres Children’s Learning Center
- Support Trisha and the Keres Children’s Learning Center by making a donation
- Newsletter and Exclusive Resources (sign up!)
- Friend of the Podcast (Opportunity for more connection with Elena)
- Bright Morning Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram