Have a hard-to-shop-for person on your list?
Love hearing about gifts that other people love?
Looking for an escape from it all?
If so, this episode is for you!
Today Elena and Bright Morning COO and podcast producer, LesLee Bickford, are sharing what they hope to receive and plan to give to others this holiday season. We’re covering gifts for friends, families and co-workers, including the perfect gift for your educator friends!
Mentioned in this episode:
- Love languages framework to provide insight into how we think about the types of gifts people might enjoy
- What we want!
- What we’re giving to colleagues:
- LesLee’s ~$10 picks: Parks & Rec inspired notepad and/or favorite pens (rainbow set) and blackbox set
- Elena’s picks: Notebooks: Fabriano notebooks ($5) or fancier Leuchtturm Sketchbooks ($22) and Pilot Varsity Fountain Pens ($3.37)
- Bonus idea: add a custom dog or pet sticker to a notebook, water bottle, etc. for the pet lovers in your life!
- Our go-to options that works for a lot of different friends:
- LesLee: Rainbow makers! Rainbow decal ($10) or fancier $20 option or a grown-up paint-by-number kit ($20) that will then serve as a beautiful piece of art
- Elena: My favorite book of the year, How the Word is Passed, or an item from my favorite new skin care shop like Kari Gran lip whip ($22) or Kari Gran hydrating duo ($116)
- What we’re gifting to a family – or a hard to shop for family member:
- What we’re giving to close friends and family:
- A partner:
- Older kid:
- LesLee: Crystal advent calendar for a high school freshman
- Elena: Cash, food delivery gift cards for a high school senior looking for independence
- Middle age kid:
- Younger kid:
- Gifts to support our community + world:
- LesLee: gifting a flower subscription to myself and local loved ones as a way of supporting an up and coming BIPOC-owned business I love, setting-up monthly donations here, here, and here and shopping locally, small and/or BIPOC-owned as much as possible
- Elena: Making contributions to local organizations that work to protect pollinators as well as the animal shelters our cats came from
- Also referenced:
Receive weekly wisdom and tools from Elena delivered to your inbox! Sign up at https://subscriber.brightmorningteam.com/resources
Support us by becoming a Friend of the Show