In the final episode of our limited series, What to Say When You Hear Something Racist, Elena shares recommendations and resources to continue this critical work.
Mentioned on this episode:
- How the Word is Passed by Clint Smith
- Stamped: Racism, Antiracism and You by Jason Reynolds and Ibram X. Kendi.
- The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together by Heather McGhee
- How We Can Win: Race, History and Changing the Money Game That’s Rigged by Kimberly Jones
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo
- The Person You Mean to Be: How Good People Fight Bias by Dolly Chugh
- Me and White Supremacy: Combat Racism, Change the World, and Become a Good Ancestor by Layla Saad
- Coaching for Equity: Conversations that Change Practice by Elena Aguilar
- Onward: Cultivating Emotional Resilience in Educators by Elena Aguilar
- Onward Workbook: Daily Activities to Cultivate Your Emotional Resilience and Thrive by Elena Aguilar
- Learning Experiences:
- Additional Resources:
- Bright Morning Episode 96: In Conversation with Kimberly L Jones and Gilly Segal
- Free tools to support your learning journey
Podcast Transcript and Use:
Bright Morning Consulting owns the copyright in and to all content in and transcripts of The Bright Morning Podcast, with all rights reserved. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content.
We welcome you to download and share the podcast with others for personal use; please acknowledge The Bright Morning Podcast as the source of the material.
To help make our show more accessible to those who are hearing impaired or have a reading preference, we’d love to offer a full collection of polished podcast transcripts. However, doing so costs money and Bright Morning is a small organization, currently producing this podcast at our own expense. As such, at this time, we offer polished transcripts for episodes included in workshop pre-work and our “What to Say When You Hear Something Racist” series.
If you would like to support the show and enable us to invest additional resources into providing more polished transcripts, you can do so by becoming a Friend of the Show.
Keep Up With Bright Morning:
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
Receive weekly wisdom and tools from Elena delivered to your inbox! Sign up at https://brightmorningteam.com/newsletter/