In this first episode of our special Transformational Coaching mini-series, we’re diving into Phase 1 of the Transformational Coaching model: Surface Current Reality. A mix of a real-life coaching conversation and Elena pulling back the curtain to share her thought process and what you need to know to put Phase 1 into action in all of your back-to-school coaching conversations.
This episode is for you if you want:
- To see Transformational Coaching in action
- Guidance for how to kick-off your coaching relationships
- To hear how Elena thinks about “coaching cycles”
- Help creating your own inquiry question or goal for coaching this year
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Phases of Transformational Coaching: Excerpt from Coaching for Equity and The Art of Coaching Workbook
- Episode 135: Preparing Myself to Coach: Podcast episode mentioned by Jessica that informed her focus on incorporating a 15 minutes planning block for each coaching conversation
Opportunities for continued learning:
- The Art of Coaching 101 (workshop)
- Episode 84: Kicking Off Coaching Relationships in 2021-2022
- Episode 85: You Want to Coach for Equity? Start Here
Podcast Transcript and Use:
Bright Morning Consulting owns the copyright in and to all content in and transcripts of The Bright Morning Podcast, with all rights reserved. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content.
We welcome you to download and share the podcast with others for personal use; please acknowledge The Bright Morning Podcast as the source of the material.
To help make our show more accessible to those who are hearing impaired or have a reading preference, we’d love to offer a full collection of polished podcast transcripts. However, doing so costs money and Bright Morning is a small organization, currently producing this podcast at our own expense. As such, at this time, we offer polished transcripts for episodes included in workshop prework and select series.
If you would like to support the show and enable us to invest additional resources into providing more polished transcripts, you can do so by becoming a Friend of the Show.
Keep Up With Bright Morning:
Receive weekly wisdom and tools from Elena delivered to your inbox! Sign up at https://brightmorningteam.com/newsletter/