Sometimes coaching conversations don’t fall neatly into a framework. Sometimes making progress simply requires making space to process.
In this third episode of our special Transformational Coaching mini-series, we’re bringing you a slightly different type of conversation. One that demonstrates what happens when you trust the process and follow the conversation where the client needs it to go. In Elena’s reflections before and after the conversation, you’ll gain insight into her planning process, as well as the decisions she makes while coaching.
This episode is for you if you want:
- To hear Transformational Coaching in action
- An example of when it’s necessary to depart from the Phases of Transformational Coaching
- To appreciate the value of having reflective space
- To hear about how Elena prepared for this conversation and makes decisions during the conversation
Mentioned in this episode:
- Three Good Things (exercise in The Onward Workbook)
- Mind the Gap (tool from The Art of Coaching and The Art of Coaching Workbook)
- Blog post on Mind the Gap written by Elena
Opportunities for continued learning:
Podcast Transcript and Use:
Bright Morning Consulting owns the copyright in and to all content in and transcripts of The Bright Morning Podcast, with all rights reserved. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content.
We welcome you to download and share the podcast with others for personal use; please acknowledge The Bright Morning Podcast as the source of the material.
To help make our show more accessible to those who are hearing impaired or have a reading preference, we’d love to offer a full collection of polished podcast transcripts. However, doing so costs money and Bright Morning is a small organization, currently producing this podcast at our own expense. As such, at this time, we offer polished transcripts for episodes included in workshop prework and select series.
If you would like to support the show and enable us to invest additional resources into providing more polished transcripts, you can do so by becoming a Friend of the Show.
Keep Up With Bright Morning:
Receive weekly wisdom and tools from Elena delivered to your inbox! Sign up at https://brightmorningteam.com/newsletter/