“How much of what you did today was simply due to inertia?
Never get so busy that you forget to actively design your life.” – Steph Smith via Twitter
Are you actively designing your life? Or are you stuck on the inertia train?
Here are 5 ideas of how you can actively design your life today:
1. Look at your core values (click here if you need to define them). Ask yourself: how can I embody this value today? Is there something I can stop doing today to be in better alignment with my values?
2. Track your energy. Log your major activities for a couple of weeks and note where you’re energized and where you feel depleted. Reflect on what you notice. Consider how you might adjust your routines to better serve you. Start today!
3. Purchase your Bright Morning membership! Decide that your development is a top priority and commit to making space for your learning and growth in the coming year.
4. Put down your phone. We’re losing countless hours of our life to mindless scrolling. Have you picked up your phone to do something and suddenly found yourself on Instagram and don’t remember why you picked up your phone in the first place? Me too. Consider moving your time-sucking apps to a second screen to make this trap a little harder to fall into.
5. Choose a word of the year. You can hear more about the power of doing so here.
What other ideas do you have?