Elena hasn’t experienced resistance in her coaching conversations in over a decade. In this episode, she shares her five-step process to eliminate resistance in your coaching conversations (…and really, in any conversation). This is the first in a three-part Coaching Resistance mini-series you won’t want to miss.
Mentioned in this episode:
- What to Say When podcast series and free listening guide
- Episode 146: How to ACE Your Coaching Conversations
- “The Art of Coaching Emotions” workshop
Opportunities for continued learning:
- Listen to Elena’s What to Say When You Hear Something Racist podcast series and expand your learning with our free listening guide
- Attend “The Art of Coaching Emotions” workshop
- Listen to Episode 87: Coaching Strong Emotions
Episode Reflection Questions:
- When are you most likely to respond to perceived resistance with force? What has that looked like in the past for you?
- When was a time at work where you felt resistant to someone or something? What core human need was threatened in that situation?
- As Elena shared in the podcast, you need to try out what you learn in passive learning experiences (like listening to a podcast), in order to build skill. What is one (or two, or three, or four, or five!) simple question that truly comes from curiosity that you will commit to trying out today when you experience what you perceive as resistance?
Podcast Transcript and Use:
Bright Morning Consulting owns the copyright in and to all content in and transcripts of The Bright Morning Podcast, with all rights reserved. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content.
We welcome you to download and share the podcast with others for personal use; please acknowledge The Bright Morning Podcast as the source of the material.
To help make our show more accessible to those who are hearing impaired or have a reading preference, we’d love to offer a full collection of polished podcast transcripts. However, doing so costs money and Bright Morning is a small organization, currently producing this podcast at our own expense. As such, at this time, we offer polished transcripts for episodes included in workshop prework and select series.
If you would like to support the show and enable us to invest additional resources into providing more polished transcripts, you can do so by becoming a Friend of the Show.
Keep Up With Bright Morning:
Receive weekly wisdom and tools from Elena delivered to your inbox! Sign up at https://brightmorningteam.com/newsletter/