- What do I do when an activity I planned just isn’t working?
- How do I respond to a question that I don’t know how to respond to?
- My agenda is too full but everything is essential! What do I cut?
The answer to these questions and many more are answered in this second episode of our 3-part Transformational PD mini-series. Elena shares 6 Transformational Tips that she’s pulling on in her practice these days that we bet you haven’t heard before.
Mentioned in this episode:
- The PD Book (Book by Elena)
- Artful Design and Facilitation (Bright Morning workshop)
- Awe: The New Science of Everyday Wonder and How It Can Transform Your Life, Dascher Keltner
Episode Reflection Questions:
- The first tip Elena shared was “turn to your people” where you ask the participants if they have a suggestion of what to do when things aren’t going well. The second tip was to engage in a think-aloud when you don’t have an answer to a question. What comes up for you when you consider utilizing these strategies in your practice?
- How might you create a “bodily state of musical awe” to enhance your experience designing and/or facilitation PD?
- When is the last time you did something you weren’t good at in front of a group you led? Are you willing to do so? What is something (that might make you a little uncomfortable) you could incorporate into your PD that could help participants see you as being more human?
Podcast Transcript and Use:
Bright Morning Consulting owns the copyright in and to all content in and transcripts of The Bright Morning Podcast, with all rights reserved. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content.
We welcome you to download and share the podcast with others for personal use; please acknowledge The Bright Morning Podcast as the source of the material.
To help make our show more accessible to those who are hearing impaired or have a reading preference, we’d love to offer a full collection of polished podcast transcripts. However, doing so costs money and Bright Morning is a small organization, currently producing this podcast at our own expense. As such, at this time, we offer polished transcripts for episodes included in workshop prework and select series.
If you would like to support the show and enable us to invest additional resources into providing more polished transcripts, you can do so by becoming a Friend of the Show.
Keep Up With Bright Morning:
Receive weekly wisdom and tools from Elena delivered to your inbox! Sign up at https://brightmorningteam.com/newsletter/