Have you ever faced resistance while facilitating? Us too!
In this final episode of our Transformational PD mini-series, Elena is joined by Bright Morning teammate, Maria Dyslin, to discuss and demonstrate how you can navigate resistance as a facilitator before, during, and after your meetings and PD sessions.
Mentioned in this episode:
- The PD Book (Book by Elena)
- Artful Design and Facilitation (Bright Morning workshop)
- The Art of Coaching Teams (Bright Morning workshop)
- Art of Coaching Teams (book by Elena)
- Mind the Gap (free tool)
- Resistance mini-series (Bright Morning Podcast)
Episode Reflection Questions:
- Think back to a time you faced resistance while facilitating. What core human need was activated in you? How did you respond? Knowing what you know now (and with the wisdom that time and space provides us!), how would you like to respond in the future?
- Maria shared that it’s sometimes hard to activate compassion and curiosity when experiencing resistance. What is a mantra you could use in these moments to be able to embody these two critical dispositions?
- Elena demonstrated in her role plays the power of being vulnerable. How vulnerable are you able to be in your facilitation/leadership role? How might being more vulnerable serve you and the colleagues you are supporting?
Podcast Transcript and Use:
Bright Morning Consulting owns the copyright in and to all content in and transcripts of The Bright Morning Podcast, with all rights reserved. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content.
We welcome you to download and share the podcast with others for personal use; please acknowledge The Bright Morning Podcast as the source of the material.
To help make our show more accessible to those who are hearing impaired or have a reading preference, we’d love to offer a full collection of polished podcast transcripts. However, doing so costs money and Bright Morning is a small organization, currently producing this podcast at our own expense. As such, at this time, we offer polished transcripts for episodes included in workshop prework and select series.
If you would like to support the show and enable us to invest additional resources into providing more polished transcripts, you can do so by becoming a Friend of the Show.
Keep Up With Bright Morning:
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
Receive weekly wisdom and tools from Elena delivered to your inbox! Sign up at https://brightmorningteam.com/newsletter/