“Can I coach if I’m the boss?”
The short answer is yes. But only if you are clear, intentional, and capable. If you are an administrator, a supervisor, or anyone who is responsible for evaluation and also wants to take a coaching stance, this is an episode you don’t want to miss.
Mentioned in this episode:
Opportunities for continued learning:
- The Art of Coaching Teams Workshop
- Artful Design and Facilitation Workshop
- Are You a Manager Looking to Coach? Start Here. (blog post)
- Evaluation, Feedback and Coaching: What You Need to Know (blog post)
Episode Reflection Questions:
- How do you define “coaching?” Does everyone within your context or organization share the same definition?
- What does it mean to you to take a coaching stance? When is that the most appropriate stance to take in your current work? When do you not want to take a coaching stance?
- How clear is it to the people you supervise when you are taking a coaching stance vs. when you are taking a “boss” stance? How do you know?
Podcast Transcript and Use:
Bright Morning Consulting owns the copyright in and to all content in and transcripts of The Bright Morning Podcast, with all rights reserved. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content.
We welcome you to download and share the podcast with others for personal use; please acknowledge The Bright Morning Podcast as the source of the material.
To help make our show more accessible to those who are hearing impaired or have a reading preference, we’d love to offer a full collection of polished podcast transcripts. However, doing so costs money and Bright Morning is a small organization, currently producing this podcast at our own expense. As such, at this time, we offer polished transcripts for episodes included in workshop prework and select series.
If you would like to support the show and enable us to invest additional resources into providing more polished transcripts, you can do so by becoming a Friend of the Show.
Keep Up With Bright Morning:
Receive weekly wisdom and tools from Elena delivered to your inbox! Sign up at https://brightmorningteam.com/newsletter/