If you want to be a Transformational Coach, you must be able to coach emotions.
If you want to coach for equity, you must be able to coach emotions.
The first step to coaching emotions is to acknowledge and normalize them. In today’s episode, Elena shares five ways to do so in your coaching conversations.
Opportunities for continued learning:
- Episode 37: How to ACE Your Coaching Conversations
- Episode 158: What do we mean by “every conversation is an equity conversation?”
- Webinar on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
- Attend an upcoming Coaching for Equity workshop
- Read Coaching for Equity
Episode Reflection Questions:
- Which emotions have you normalized in coaching conversations in the past? Which emotions have you struggled with?
- Elena shared five real life scenarios. Did you have an emotional reaction to any of them? If so, what emotions arose? What can you learn from the wisdom of those emotions?
- Elena shared that it is critical to be able to honestly express your gratitude when a coachee is willing to share their emotions with you. Is this something you are currently able to do with all types of emotions? If not, what self-work might this require?
Podcast Transcript and Use:
Bright Morning Consulting owns the copyright in and to all content in and transcripts of The Bright Morning Podcast, with all rights reserved. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content.
We welcome you to download and share the podcast with others for personal use; please acknowledge The Bright Morning Podcast as the source of the material.
To help make our show more accessible to those who are hearing impaired or have a reading preference, we’d love to offer a full collection of polished podcast transcripts. However, doing so costs money and Bright Morning is a small organization, currently producing this podcast at our own expense. As such, at this time, we offer polished transcripts for episodes included in workshop prework and select series.
If you would like to support the show and enable us to invest additional resources into providing more polished transcripts, you can do so by becoming a Friend of the Show.
Keep Up With Bright Morning:
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
Receive weekly wisdom and tools from Elena delivered to your inbox! Sign up at https://brightmorningteam.com/newsletter/