Explore the core ideas, tools, and approaches in Transformational Coaching
WHY YOU WANT TO ATTEND
This four hour introductory session provides an overview of Transformational Coaching, a coaching demonstration and a block of time to practice key concepts. An ideal learning experience for those just getting to know Elena’s model of Transformational Coaching, this session orients participants to the model, sparks interest and curiosity, and gets learners excited to dig in deeper.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Recognize the value of Transformational Coaching and how it differs from other coaching models
- Understand how to use Transformational Coaching in any context, regardless of official title or role
- Explore three core tools in Transformational Coaching and how to use them
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME
Pre-work [~1 hour]
- Your learning begins in advance of your workshop session with a self-guided exploration of foundational knowledge and tools essential for Transformational Coaching.
Virtual live [4 hours]
- This workshop is a four-hour experience, consisting of two 2-hour learning blocks with a 30-60 minute break in between.
- This workshop is highly interactive, allowing you the ability to quickly build skill and synthesize learning. Activities include:
- A demonstration of a Transformational Coaching conversation
- Small group practice of key strategies
- Small group discussion
- Question and answer
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- People who are newer to coaching
- Schools and organizations who want to establish a shared baseline for the principles of Transformational Coaching
- Those who are curious to learn more about and want a sampling of what’s offered in our longer workshops
There are no prerequisites for this workshop.
We do encourage participants to have their own copy of The Art of Coaching and The Art of Coaching Workbook to supplement and support their continued learning post-workshop. Books are not included in the registration fee and must be acquired separately.
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
This is a 4 hour virtual live workshop, facilitated in two 2-hour learning blocks on the same day. There will be a 30-60 minute break in between the learning blocks.
Please note: This learning experience is currently only offered as a private workshop for teams and organizations. To learn more about bringing a Bright Morning experience to your group, click here to submit a request.
What people say
The real-time practice and practical tools were invaluable! I am very excited to examine the listening styles to see how they may transform my conversations and relationships with teachers. Becky was an amazing presenter. It is clear that she is knowledgeable, and I feel lucky to be apart of these training sessions. This is one of the best PD opportunities I’ve had in some time.Amanda
This is by far the best virtual experience I have attended for the last two years. I believe being with your own people and not strangers sets up for greater success of learning. I loved the coaching role play too!Virtual Private Workshop Participant