Bright Morning strives to provide universal access to all of our events. We offer a range of accommodations for participants with disabilities informed by an accessibility audit we conducted with an external organization in 2022.
Several accessibility features are embedded into all of our learning experiences. In addition, for open enrollment events, we are happy to provide additional accommodations upon request with advance notice.
Accessibility features embedded into all of our learning experiences:
- Preview of types of activities, workshop structure, audience, pricing, and cancellation policies
- Robust agenda empowering participants to know what to expect and when throughout the session
- Built-in breaks
- Option of captions in prework materials, as well as in the live session
- A dedicated operations person is available during sessions to support access needs
- Workshop materials are in a printable format with the ability to zoom in and out to increase text size
- Different options for how to engage in workshop content
- Different options for how to engage in prework
- Transcripts available for podcast episodes used for prework
The following accessibility features are available with advance notice for open enrollment events:
- ASL interpretation
- Captioning for breakout spaces
- Grouping with requested colleagues during breakouts
Frequently asked questions:
- How do I communicate my accessibility needs that require advance notice?
You will be prompted to share any accommodations required during the registration process. You may also communicate any requests by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What should I do if I have an accessibility need that is not listed?
Please reach out to email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate the request.
- What happens if I have already registered but my accessibility need is unable to be met?
In the rare event that we are unable to provide satisfactory accommodations, a full refund will be issued, and the registration will be canceled without penalty.