Proactive tips (and simple fixes) for your technology needs.
Troubleshooting can be frustrating, so we’re sharing these tips and common solutions as a starter guide. If you’re using your own personal device, most issues can be resolved with just a few steps! If you’re using an organization- or school-issued device, you may need extra support from your IT admin.
No matter what, you can count on our team to support your learning! Connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to explain what support you need. By sharing screenshots and context, you’ll help us better understand what issue you’re experiencing.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work hard to resolve a high volume of technical requests from learners around the world.
Thinkific—Our Trusted Learning Platform!
performING best in chrome and firefox
Have you tried this? If you’re experiencing unexpected behavior in Thinkific, this is most often a browser issue. Thinkific performs best in the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox and in a private or incognito window, which opens a fresh browser window without any extensions or settings blocking your content.
Thinkific is a browser based app, which means sometimes you’ll run into issues that are browser specific. The learning platform uses internet browsers every day, and it’s good to be aware of common browser-related issues that you might come across.
COMMON BROWSER-RELATED ISSUES:
- Trouble viewing the course site or resources (slow page loads or error message)
- Browser crashing (learn how to update your browser)
Common firewall issues:
As a security best practice, Thinkific has increased security of its platform and it’s likely that your school or organization has too!
If you’re experiencing a malware warning upon clicking a Thinkific URL this is almost always because of firewalls on organization- or school-issued device or network. Try this:
- If you have tech support, connect with your IT team directly. Let them know you’re having a firewall issue, provide a screenshot and the URL, and the context of why you need access (the link goes to a learning platform for professional development needs).
- If you’re using Microsoft 365, try enabling Safe Links in the Microsoft settings. If using an issued device, you may still need your IT administrator to authorize setting changes.
Profile and Password
Your Thinkific account is created using your name and email address. If you’re a new user, you’ll create a password upon registration.
HOW TO reset MY PASSWORD
- Follow these steps to reset your password. Within a few minutes, you should receive the password reset email from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you don’t receive an email in your inbox or your spam/junk folder, let us know at email@example.com. Our team may need to reset the password for you.
HOW TO UPDATE MY PAYMENT PREFERENCES
For security reasons in this platform, only learners can manage their billing and credit card information.
Course Access, Expirations, and Certificates of Completion
From time to time, our learners have trouble finding their course. If you’re experiencing this too, we’re sharing common reasons below. If you’re enrolled in a private workshop, it’s possible that your learning resources are not housed within Thinkific.
I CAN’T FIND THE COURSE
Most often, this is because of two scenarios:
The course has expired. Bright Morning courses are available for a limited time to allow for learning and reflection. Courses with virtual-live sessions typically expire 30 days after the virtual engagement.
The course is linked to a different Thinkific account. You (or the person who registered you) might have registered the course under a different email address or the email address was misspelled during registration. Try this:
- Find out what email address was used for your registration (You can review your welcome/course confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Then, log out of Thinkific completely and log back in with the appropriate email address.
- If after logging in to Thinkific, you get to the same account (under Profile, you can see the email address associated with your account), it’s possible that you set up your browser to automatically save your login/password. Try a different browser to log in. Contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.
WHEN CAN I ACCESS MY COURSE?
Courses are immediately available upon online registration. You’ll find access information in your welcome email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learners have continued access to their course for up to 30 days after the final virtual-live session. We hope this provides you with ample time for your learning! If you can’t access your initial welcome email or log in to Thinkific, let us know at email@example.com.
Where TO FIND VIRTUAL-LIVE recordings AND When TO expect access
Most of our public learning sessions (excluding time spent in breakout spaces) are recorded. Note: Our private trainings are not recorded.
- These are accessible to registrants for a limited time after the live learning experience. If your course has a recording, you can find a chapter in your Thinkific course titled “Session Recording(s).”
- We strive to upload recordings within 24 hours of a virtual-live session conclusion. The video will expire along with the course after 30 days.
- Closed captions are available for virtual-live replays as of May 24, 2022.
- To turn on this feature in Thinkific, click the cc icon at the bottom right corner of the video display.
- Online course modules for pre-work do not currently have closed captions as a feature. We are in the process of exploring ways to make these more accessible.
WHERE TO ACCESS THE PRESENTATION
Bright Morning does not share these virtual-live engagement materials. Learning packets or other digital resources are available in the course under “Session Materials.”
HOW CAN I RECEIVE a certificate of completion?
Our certificates are available within the Thinkific course before your course expires.
To receive a certificate, you’ll need to track your progress by clicking the “Complete and Continue” button at the bottom of each page as you review the content. Once you’ve completed all the sections, a chapter will appear at the end of the course. We highly recommend downloading and saving your certificate on your personal device for your records.
Please note that this is available only through your course expiration. Courses remain available for up to 30 days after the virtual-live session. Should you need further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.